What did I learn from the parenting seminar? Well, let's just say that the theme of the last two weeks has been "gentleness." It started with Sophia talking about not liking certain individuals because they were "too sweet." She thinks the opposite of sweet is "thick" (for some odd reason, though I have explained to her what thick is). Anyway, she told me that she didn't want to be so sweet... she would rather be thick like me! This was brought up several times before the Gary Thomas parenting seminar. So, I was prepared to deal with this issue. Little did I know that gentleness would be such a focus. So, now that I am enlightened as to our Savior's gentleness (with scripture to confirm), I am praying to God for that particular fruit of His Spirit. He knows it is not natural for me, but I believe He is able.
2 comments:
I had a tough week after the seminar. And didn't remember the gentleness as much as you did! :) Thanks for the reminder!
Well, I have never thought of you as a thick woman! (a buff girl, maybe) Parenting is always such a tool for growth. I am thinking that God knows I need extra motivation for growth, I may end up with a dozen kids before I'm through. Be encouraged, at least you are learning so much with your first! Love you!
Post a Comment