Thursday, June 4, 2009

Content

So, I skipped the whole month of May as far as blogging... BUT Rita covered great grandma B's birthday in her blog, and she showed pictures of the mushrooms they shared with us as well. Terri Schmidt captured some cute photos from Ava's birthday, and I'm sure Curtis and Ana have some photos posted somewhere from their visit here. All that to say... if you are a slacker, it is good to have friends and family who are not!!! I could spiritualize it by talking about the "body" and community, but I won't.

Wednesday, was 12 weeks for the little baby in my belly. We have waited so long to tell the kids, but Sophia found out after a little slip. Butch mentioned something about an ultra-sound and girlfriend interrogated me..."MOM, ARE YOU PREGNANT? TELL ME, MOM, ARE YOU?" Her response was amazing. She laughed hysterically for a minute or two, then started crying and laughing and couldn't stop. I asked her if she was happy or sad. She said she is very happy. I believe her. I don't ever want to forget that moment.

The other moment I don't want to forget was last night! Don't worry, not that. Anyway, I got to sit by an evening fire and watch the kids play with their daddy. He was a trooper. He pulled them on the red snowboard shaped sled through the grass. Of course they were constantly falling and running to hop back on. They were laughing the whole time. I was laughing. George was chasing and jumping and trying to be part of it all as well. I don't know if I have ever felt so content. I wanted a picture, but I didn't want to miss any part of that joy that was happening there.

By the way, if we have a girl, her name is Joy!

Oh, and Kim has pictures from Shipshewana Waves.

3 comments:

Cecilia said...

Glad to hear from you. And glad you are being in your moments. Love you guys.

Cecilia said...

Oh, BTW I put up one of Alana's Dances from her recital on my blog so check it out- for her- please.

Aaron and Emily said...

Congrats, Terri!!! Thats great news and what fun to have another little one so close in age to Rita's! I have enjoyed watching your family grow and can't wait to see how this new little one will add to the mix!:)